In removing it, I discovered the hinges are rusty. Very rusty. And ugly. I removed the cooktop cover too and discovered a lot of rust in the pan under the burners. So, I treated the rust with de-ruster, sanded it a bunch and got some high heat paint. After masking off all the business parts of the burners and counter, I sprayed the pan to protect it from further rust. I also painted the lid hinges with the bronze paint and oiled them so now they are not nearly as ugly.
I'm not sure why there was so much rust. I guess it is just the humidity in the air over time. There was no spill-over mess in the pan.
I finished installing the new faucet and soap holder. I didn't need to change the water supply lines but the new faucet water lines stick down whereas the old faucet went clear up to the counter. Being flexible pipe, I just made a bigger curve. It went in easily. They give clear instructions. I like the cleaner look of the single hole installation. I found a plastic hole cover at Lowes that fit the 3rd hole perfectly.
Cabinet handles and hooks put back on and the galley is back together. I still need to reattach the spice/towel rack to the wall. I like the matching hardware look a lot better. The van needs a good cleaning.