|Bondo applied to side of vent|
|Cavity ready for primer|
|Outside metal primed - messy looking but |
the rust had to go
|Cavity all primed|
I used a Rustoleum metal primer for rusted metal that I hope is good for this. It is a brown color. It takes 24 hours before the next coat so I have to wait until tomorrow for a light sanding and to decide whether to go for 2 coats of primer. I had sanded the melamine coated particle board walls and put Zinsser primer on it. It isn't really necessary but I like to put paint on the inside for a protective coat.
I cut the new floor using the old floor as a template. I also measured all the cuts and made them a bit less deep. I then sanded the plywood and coated it with the primer on both sides. It will help protect the plywood and keep it more stable than bare wood would as LTV had done.
Once the painting is done, I can put the vents on and install the refrigerator. Getting close to the end of this project.